Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Family Ranches

Okay everyone, sorry its been so long, we're having a computer location problem. So here is Belize again. Both Uncle James and Uncle Ed have cattle ranches. This baby cow belongs to Uncle James family, it is their milk cow's baby that stays in the barn. Gabrielle and Paul's cousin Amy went to visit it one night, and Gabrielle just loved it! Although she loves any living thing!
These are some of the cows on Uncle Ed's farm, I can't remember the name of them but they are very closely related to Brahma's. Their are only a couple breeds of cows that can stand the heat down there. The babies were so adorable!!


Please excuse the quality I was taking pictures from the backseat of a truck!!


5 comments:

Stephanie Stremler said...

YAY! More pictures! Those cows are awesome--the little babies are so cute!

Kendal said...

Ditto on the cute babies, look at those ears!

Glad to see you didn't fall off the face of the earth :0)

JH Training said...

Yeah I'm still here, barely. I think we have all been sick since we got back, things have been nuts! I wanted to bring back some baby cows in my suitcase, but I don't think you are allowed to take them through customs. (at least not in a suitcase!)

Melissa said...

I love all your Belize pictures. It is neat to see what you experienced. Those cows sure are cute!

Mamalisa said...

Amazing that they eat and milk the same animals. Same in Nicaragua, although I did see one Holstein farm there. Probably some gringo that thought he'd show them something, but probably wasn't doing a thing better. Great to see you back posting!
Love ya
mom